Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex – From May 19th 2018 to August 4th 2019
Former Suits star and architect of the Tig. Duchess of Sussex since last year, is turning 38 on August 4.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a Hardworking and Impactful Duchess Meghan!
Before the wedding, Meghan was eager to “hit the ground running” with her charitable efforts. Since her marriage to Prince Harry in May 2018, she has already had a global impact.
Duchess Meghan is patron of four British organisations:
- The Mayhew
Mayhew is an animal welfare charity working to improve life for dogs, cats and the people in our community – at our home in London and internationally.
- Smart Works
Smart Works is a UK charity that provides high quality interview clothes and interview training to unemployed women in need.
- The National Theatre
- The Association of Commonwealth Universities
“By bringing universities together from around the world – and crucially the people who study and work within them ‒ we help to advance knowledge, promote understanding, broaden minds, and improve lives.”
The Duchess is also Vice President of the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust.
Her main actions with tangible results and impact on other lives:
- Married to Prince Henry of Wales and becomes a working member of UK Royal family (2018).
Her Occupation: Princess of the United Kingdom
- Produced the Together: Our Community Cookbook (2018)
The Hubb Community Kitchen now opens 7 days a week instead of two days a week and it feeds the Grenfell Tower survivors as well as any other Londoners in need.
- Took her first royal tour while pregnant with over 70 engagements in Fiji, Tonga, New Zealand and Australia.
- 6 years old boy who made pasta necklace for the duchess has created own charity and is now selling them around the World.
- Wore Outland Denim, putting the brand on the map and changed many lives in the process, especially for 46 slave women freed.
- Championed universal education and outlined her fight for gender equality (Fiji 2018)
- Survived from the Markles storm, the vicious UK Press and an obsessed Piers Morgan as well as some other biased royal reporters and above all Kensington Palace insiders’ attacks started all suddenly after her oceanic triumphant tour. Holding her head high throughout the smearing campaign against her, she has shown how kindness is the ultimate weapon against hatred.
- Gave birth to baby boy, Master Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor
- Guest edits the coveted September Vogue issue (2019) entitled “Forces For change”.
Selfless, Duchess Meghan puts other women she admires on the cover of the prestigious magazine.
- HRH Duchess Meghan is launching a collection of workwear for a good cause, Smart Works (2019)
Since Meghan became patron of Smart Works and got involved in January 2019, in only half a year, their growth has been fast — helping over 50% more women in more parts of the Britain than any previous year before Duchess Meghan became patron.
“Our Smart Works family is flourishing under the Duchess’s patronage. We have dressed more women than ever before, and we have just had our best ever July, helping 27% more women across the UK than the same time last year. We want to help more women find their way to a Smart Works centre so that they may, in the words of the Duchess, be ready to take on the world, get a job and transform their lives“
The Duchess of Susesx is a hardworking and action-oriented woman who uses her platform to be a force for change.
Happy Birthday, Duchess Meghan!