The Tig Archives 12 / 29 / 2015
It was early last year, while doing the late night Instagram perusing I have come to know far too well, that I stumbled upon Kayla Itsines and her eponymous fitness programs. At first glance it seemed like it could be another workout fad, showcasing before and after photos of women who transformed their bodies with a regimented program of cardio, meal plans, and resistance training. I had always been of the school of thought that if you want a “bikini body,” you should simply put a bikini on your body. But it’s not that simple, and given the insecurities that sometimes plague each of us, having a fitness coach who is equal parts inspiring and forgiving (hey, we’re all human – we’re not striving for perfect here) – well, that’s someone I can get behind.
At just twenty four years old (!!), Kayla has done just that, and created an empire in the process. Her affordable guides and impassioned community of supporters make this Aussie one of my favorites to follow. Thanks for Tig Talking with me, Kayla, and bravo on your success!
- My nickname is: Tobi calls me Cherub!
- The first thing I do when I wake up is: Check my phone – bad habit!
- I can’t live without: Ace and TJ (my two dogs), Tobi and my family!
- If I had one week to escape: Bali.
- If I only had $10 in my pocket: I’d buy some mangos.
- Everything tastes better with a little: Help from YiaYia (Grandma)!
Last updated on June 29th, 2019