Gwyneth Paltrow sings his praises. As does designer Rachel Roy, spiritual & self empowerment guru, Marianne Williamson, and countless other names that you would find recognizable or not. Which is exactly the point. Detox specialist and cardiologist, Dr. Alejandro Junger has revolutionized the game in how everyone from celebrities to teachers to my mom view their health. The Clean Program (and Clean Gut) respectively are all about alkalizing your body so that you can perform at your optimum level. I met Dr. Junger and his CEO Dhru Purohit a few years ago, after suffering from a lifetime of debilitating migraines and ENT problems. Let me just say this – my life has never been the same. The approach is not stringent, nor is it restrictive – frankly, it’s just smart. Minor tweaks and changes, analyzing what is really going on in your system, and making the subtle shifts to improve your overall wellbeing. I can’t begin to express the level of gratitude I have for this team, who are influencing the lives of so many people in the Clean Community and beyond. Dr. Junger has three books you can check out Clean, Clean Gut, and Clean Eats (where I share one of my recipes!). Here is today’s TIG Talk with both Dr. Alejandro Junger and his right hand man, and one of my favorite people in the world, CEO of Clean, Dhru Purohit.
- My nickname is: Ali.
- The first thing I do when I wake up is: My one year old wakes me very early. I change her nappy and make her breakfast.
- I can’t live without: Family and friends.
- If I had one week to escape: Go to an island with lots of beaches.
- If I only had $10 in my pocket: Get a smoothie.
- Everything tastes better with a little: Love, or a lot of it.
- My nickname is: Pappa D, because I like taking care of people.
- The first thing I do when I wake up is: Write.
- I can’t live without: Dinner parties.
- If I had one week to escape: Go to India with my Grandmother.
- If I only had $10 in my pocket: Give it away.
- Everything tastes better with a little: Coconut oil.
Photos via: Clean Program.
Last updated on June 29th, 2019