“He gets it. And we are lucky enough to get him.”
About a month ago, I was late night Instagramming, after a very looong 14 hour day on set. I was wired, and wanted to numb my brain with mindless pix of shoes or people making duck faces. But what I stumbled upon wasn’t mindless at all. It was a perfectly crafted dress. A beautiful, glorious, effortlessly sexy dress. I wanted a moment in that dress. And wanted to know who made it. Cue Wes Gordon. Perhaps it was his internship at De La Renta or Tom Ford that made his attention to detail so incredible. Maybe it was his schooling at Central Saint Martins. Or could it be the fusion of being Chicago born, Atlanta raised, and London educated that gives his designs a perfect mix of city meets lady meets worldie? Whatever it is, I am obsessed with it. As are Saks, Harrods, Bergdorf Goodman, as well as the likes of January Jones, Emily Blunt, Jessica Alba, and Emma Watson. He gets it. And we are lucky enough to get him.
- My nickname is: Wes (my full name is Weston.)
- The first thing I do when I wake up is: Go straight to the kitchen for an espresso after my dog, Bird, wakes me up.
- I can’t live without: The camera on my iPhone. I’m constantly taking photos of things that inspire me.
- If I had one week to escape: I would spend it at our farm in Connecticut.
- If I only had $10 in my pocket: I would be shocked. I can’t remember the last time I had cash on me.
- Everything tastes better with: A group of good friends.
Photos via: Style.com