“No one would ever know you were at pilates four days a week, because that perfectly toned body is tucked away under layers of man repelling goodness.”
If you’re a fashionista, you read Man Repeller. If you like to laugh, you read Man Repeller. Frankly, if you listen to the likes of TIME Magazine, Forbes, or Fast Company, all of whom have cited Leandra, with her cheeky & brutally honest, fashion driven site, as one of the most creative & influential people in the blogosphere, then you also read Man Repeller. As described on her site, a Man Repeller is:
–noun She who outfits herself in a sartorially offensive mode that may result in repelling members of the opposite sex. Such garments include but are not limited to harem pants, boyfriend jeans, overalls, shoulder pads, full length jumpsuits, jewelry that resembles violent weaponry and clogs.
The impetus for her pop culture prized blog was when native New Yorker, Leandra, noted that women dress for women. Not the fellas, but for the nod of approval (perhaps the look of envy) that comes from your lady friends when you’re rocking your ever so sexy Birkenstocks, and sporting a Celine sack dress large enough to smuggle some country hams across town with you. No one would ever know you were at pilates four days a week, because that perfectly toned body is tucked away under layers of man repelling goodness. And it is that truth that resonates with so many fashion forward females (and beyond), making Leandra Medine as influential as they come.
- My nickname is: Leonardo.
- The first thing I do when I wake up is: Brush my teeth.
- I can’t live without: My respiratory system.
- If I had one week to escape: I would take my passport, my husband, my childhood blankie and my mom.
- If I only had $10 in my pocket: I would buy a round of street, artificially flavored ices for everyone!
- Everything tastes better with: A little Sriracha!!