Oh, how darling it is to be Darling. And by that I mean, how amaaaaazing is it to be the force behind one of my very favorite magazines that I stumbled upon while buying far too many tchotchkes on a recent trip to Anthropologie. I’m talking about my ever dearest, Darling Magazine ; it has an ethos that speaks my language: “Darling is a catalyst for positive change; leading women to discover beauty apart from vanity, influence apart from manipulation, style apart from materialism, sweetness apart from passivity, and womanhood without degradation.” I mean…how Tig is that? When I reached out to the team there, and they were equally excited to talk Tig, well let’s just say I was tickled pink. Cue The Tig x Darling love affair. Today I am sharing one of my favorite recipes of theirs. A simple salad that tastes like summer, but can be whipped up year round. It balances the earthiness of farro with sweetness of dried peaches, the nuttiness of pistachios, and pucker of naval oranges (wink wink, you could sub tangerine juice as well) for a perfect snack or side dish. Oh yes, my Darling darlings….this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
- Place orange juice, zest, basil leaves, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Whisk until well combined
- Place butter in a medium-sized pot over medium heat.
- Add farro and toast for about 5 minutes.
- Add water then cover with lid. Reduce to low heat and simmer for about 25 minutes or until the water has completely absorbed and the farro is soft and chewy.
- Meanwhile, toast the pistachios by placing them in a cast iron skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat once edges are roasted.
- Place the dried peaches, apple, pistachios, and arugula in a large bowl and add the farrow once it has cooled slightly.
- Dress the salad by adding a touch of dressing at a time.
Images via: Cassie Winslow of Deco Tartelette
Last updated on June 29th, 2019